Custom Order Policy
before placing an order
TCQ reserves the right to modify inspiration designs sent by the customers as most photos are taken from the web, and the inspiration photo belongs to another cake artist. WE DO NOT PLAGIARIZE.
The cake to be provided by The Cupcake Queen will be described in the invoice for payment. Any changes to this design plan must be made no later than seven (7) days prior to the event date. Any changes made less than 7 days prior to the event date cannot be guaranteed and will only be made at additional cost to be determined at point of change.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit. This is due upon receiving the invoice. The remainder of the total price shall be due 1 weeks before the Event. If payment has not been received, we reserve the right to refuse your order.
- If you are making your payment via PayPal a 3% surcharge fee will be included in each payment utilizing the PayPal service.
If for any reason you need to postpone your event, please contact The Cupcake Queen immediately. If you need to postpone or change your event date, your new date may or may not be available. For any orders placed after the sixty (60) days, you will be required to pay a new deposit.
• Cancellations must be received in writing.
• In the event that your event is canceled, all deposits and payments for your order are non-refundable and will NOT be issued under any circumstances.
• If your event date is rescheduled, you can use your deposit/payment towards a future date, if it is available on our calendar. If that date is not available, your deposit/payment will not be refunded.
• The Cupcake Queen has every right to cancel your order. You will be informed in writing and your deposit will be refunded within 60 days of the cancellation.
- A 50% deposit is due upon signing the contract. The deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable or transferable.
- NO refunds will be issued under any circumstances, unless The Cupcake Queen chooses to cancel your order. If that occurs, you will receive only your deposit as a refund within 60 days of the cancellation.
- We must receive the balance of your payment one weeks prior to your event. If payment is not received, the project is null and void, your deposit will not be refunded, and your order will not be completed.
- Once the deposit has been paid, the quoted price remains fixed to the details listed in the quote. However, if changes to design or quantity are made, The Cupcake Queen reserves the right to amend the quotation and re-submit it to the client for consideration. If in this case an agreement cannot be reached, then the normal cancellation terms apply.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes to your order (size, style, or flavor). Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and will be subject to additional charges.
- The Cupcake Queen will not be liable for any delay due to circumstance beyond our control such as transportation problems, delays in product delivery, inclement weather, acts of God, or other causes beyond The Cupcake Queen’ control that make it impossible or impractical for The Cupcake Queen to complete the cake order.
- There is a separate fee for delivery and set-up. Delivery and set-up are available for wedding cakes, large cupcake orders, and dessert tables.
- The Cupcake Queen is not responsible for supplying fresh flowers or cake toppers that are not included in the design of your cake. If you would like to have fresh flowers included on your cake, the cost will be incorporated in the final cost of your cake.
- You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake or desserts after set-up is complete. You are responsible for providing a secure table and environment for the cake(s)/desserts. Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below.
- If you or your representative(s) elect to pick-up and set-up the cake/desserts, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake/desserts once they leave The Cupcakes Queen’s possession.
- A service fee will be charged if a client picks up a cake and then requires assistance in set-up or repair to damage done in route.
- All cake orders that are delivered have to be set out 1 – 2 hours prior to your event. If we deliver the cake and there is not a suitable place for set-up, and the cake is placed in another location such as a refrigerator/freezer, we are not responsible if your cake is cold/frozen at the time of cutting, as the cake was not placed in the correct location upon delivery at the 2 hour mark.
- We photograph all of our cakes and desserts and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions. The Cupcake Queen makes every effort to ensure our allergen-free cakes are suitable for the required dietary needs. However, we are not liable for any damage or harm which may come to the consumer and purchasing allergen-free cakes is done at your own risk. While every effort is made to ensure that there is no cross-contamination, we regret that we can make no guarantees about the safety of our products for those with food allergies.
- Edible images: These can occasionally be tricky to work with, especially in humid weather. The instructions provided with your order are meant only as a guide to provide some assistance. If your images are torn, ruined, or otherwise made unusable by your efforts at removing it, we do not issue refunds.